July 11, 2006

Make it a double.

Good morning folks! It’s a beautiful Tuesday, and I am at the beginning of a new week. The weekend was full. The world keeps on turning. Life finds its way through the cracks.

........

Dan and I dropped in on my parents at the beach on Friday. It was beautiful at the coast, and the temperature stayed in the warm-but-comfortable range. Unfortunately, that is a recipe for disaster with the wind and water. Poor Dan got one of those truly awful sunburns, and he has been moving around like a senior citizen ever since.

Outside of the painful sunburn, we had a great time playing Rook, running head first into the waves, and enjoying the beauty of the ocean.

........

Today we went up to Trout Lake, Washington, to help with a camp for middle school students. I was there to give a brief introduction to Sudan. The camp is set up so that the kids “travel” around the world and learn about different countries each day. It was really fun to see their eyes light up at the pictures and stories from our trip last November. They will be “flying” to China tomorrow and then Mexico. I wish that I had been exposed to so much of the world back when I was in camp!

2 Comments:

Blogger APN said...

No kidding....

Such a camp would have been blissful to have attended during High School, as opposed to the pep-rally-meets-hellfire-&-condemnation camps that I attended during my Pentecostal adolescence/young-adulthood.

I'm sure that you were excited to be a part of such a great experience and opportunity to share with those who might just have enough compassion and care for the world around them to lose their apathy & get off their asses to do something.

And I experienced a painful sunburn to my legs back in mid-May. It was so bad that my EMT friend diagnosed it as sun poisoning. I missed 2 days of work because I couldn't walk. I can totally sympathize with Dan's pain.

July 11, 2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

oh the memories of missions camp:)

July 11, 2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home