June 03, 2006

One trip around the sun.

One year ago today. That’s when I posted on Surface Ripple for the first time.

So much has happened in that one year, and blogging has changed me. I have started to see the everyday things in my life as events worth telling about. I take more digital pictures. I have some new friends that I’ve never met face to face. My ideas have been challenged, and I have put my poetry out there for the world to see. And best of all, I’ve had motivation to actually write down some of the things that swirl around in my head.

Looking back at that original post, I’m happy to see that I may actually be accomplishing some of my goals from the beginning. Writing this blog has stretched me. It has given me concrete space to be creative in, and it has been a social connection for me with those family and friends that I can’t see on a regular basis.

So thanks for reading. Thanks for sharing a bit of the journey. Thanks for sticking around my little soap box. Here’s to another year of overly complicated compound sentences, cryptic bits of poetic posts, and generally stirring the waters!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Happy Birthday! I look forward to another year of your lovely and thought-provoking blog.

June 04, 2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!

June 04, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Garth said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary - I wonder what the success rate is out there of people who stick with blogging for a full year. My guess is that if you make it a year - you'll keep going! Keep it up, it has been beneficial for myself as well in self-reflection, being creative, and a great way of capturing moments that would otherwise be lost...

June 04, 2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger niebuhrian said...

congratulations on a year well done... keep up the depthful search that makes you put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard)...

grace and peace

June 06, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Lunared said...

thank you for inspiring me with your blog. it has been a blessing to hear your heart.

June 06, 2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home