May 23, 2006

All the energy underneath.

We're back to rainy days here in Portland. The long stretch of blue skies has given way to a gray canopy of clouds, and we're all dressing in long sleeves again.

........

I turned in a notice of resignation at my work today. It feels so good to be at this point of transition. In three weeks I will be starting work at a nonprofit that advocates for the homeless community in Portland, and that job will switch to part time in the fall when school starts.


........

I've driven by the Trojan Nuclear Plant so many times on my way to Seattle. I never even got the chance to say goodbye...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

you know how people say
"So where were YOU when you heard that President Kennedy was shot?"
or
"when O.J.'s verdict was given?"
...
do you think this guy being blown up will gain the fame for NW people?:)

speaking of...

So Erin, where were you when the Trojan tower was blown up?:)

(cool video)

May 24, 2006 12:24 AM  
Blogger APN said...

My inner 12-year-old boy LEAPT for joy and screamed with excitement along with those other children and their high-pitched voices.

Ahhhh.... The sweet smell of demolition in the morning....

May 24, 2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

i am really happy for you for the new job. it sounds so nice.

Yea, for new job, yea for the demolition of Trojan.

May 24, 2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

That's so exciting about your new job and the beginning of your new life as a law student. I'm really happy about all of that for you. The job sounds really interesting - I look forward to hearing more about that.

May 26, 2006 5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home