May 02, 2006

In the morning.

I'm back from beautiful Mexico. Our flight got in last night after the sun had already set in Oregon. Bethany and my mom stayed behind for an extra day in the sun and the promise of a free airline ticket for the seats they gave up on our overbooked flight.

About two days ago I started dreaming about all of the things that I needed to do when I got home. Emails at work, bills at home, weeding outside. The last bit of vacation always loses that blissful gleam of distance.

But oh, I am glad to be home. I like my life. I like the people and places in it, and I wouldn't think to trade any of it for a warmer climate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enron! I didn't know they weren't home yet! yay for them. where did they stay last night?

May 02, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

i know it's sick, but sometimes i like coming back from vacation, only because i miss the faces that i don't get to see.
Welcome home.

May 02, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Welcome back.

May 03, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

i read "weeding outside" as "wedding outside":)
welcome back erin:)

May 04, 2006 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home