April 18, 2006

A quick breath between.

I didn’t end up with many pictures from this weekend, but that is because I was too busy enjoying the good company and the celebration.

........

It seems like all my blog posts this month have been about being out of town. These first weeks of spring have been crazy for me, and it is not over yet! Next week I’m leaving for Mexico, and then things should settle down just in time for summer.

Yesterday I finally got around to mowing my long neglected lawn. Being out of town so much means that the little negotiable chores around my house get put off indefinitely. The grass was getting to be upper-ankle height, and it took me a couple solid hours to finish the job. I enjoyed being outdoors, smelling the cut grass, and feeling a hint of warmth in the air.

........

I’ve heard about this project before. Did you ever play “Bigger or Better” with friends or a youth group in high school? It is close to the same idea, except this guy is getting things of real value. We always ended up hauling away neighborhood trash. When you are fourteen, a broken oven fan seems really cool until you take it home and your parents refuse store it in the garage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

We Canadians are so ingenius, aren't we? Ha! Ha! Yes, we definately played "Bigger & Better" with the youth group.

April 18, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Well i hope he gets his house.

April 18, 2006 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home