April 26, 2006

And all the stars show at night.

Oh Mexico.

We are two days into our time in sunny Mazatlan. My sister and I came down with our parents, and my roommate Carolyn is here with her family too. We´ve spent most of our time so far in the sun and in the pool. I read for two hours last evening, and I slept out on the balcony of our room. The sound of the tides wove into my dreams, and I woke up to chirping birds and a warm ocean breeze.


The view from our balcony.


Bethany and I in the lobby.


The resort has a 1920´s feel to it. There are many types of exotic birds around the grounds. This white peacock is accustomed to cameras.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lunared said...

WOW! It looks amazing there. Soak up the relaxation and sunshine.
Blessings!

April 26, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

i'm glad you're having a wonderful time. It looks breathtaking.

Happy rest time!

April 26, 2006 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks...like some sort of tropical vacation, alright. Which is what you're on. So, yeah. Wow. Somehow I didn't *really* believe you with the whole "I'm going to Mexico" thing...but...wow. You really showed me, there.

April 26, 2006 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah I miss you! I think that you, your family and Carolyn are not going to be known as Portlanders! More like Cali girls! Today I did get a little sun, so maybe by the time I get up there, I won't be too far behind you.

April 27, 2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

WOW - amazing! Looks so beautiful!

April 28, 2006 6:45 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh, it is so beautiful here. I miss my friends up north, but I'm a sucker for this sunshine.

April 28, 2006 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home