June 03, 2005

Famous first words.

Why start? I first seriously considered a blog after I heard the report that women are a significant minority among the blogging community. I am certain it is not for lack of opinion or insight. I thought, "Why not balance the cyber voice here a bit while airing out my own internal processes?" So here we are. I made the plunge to affect change within myself by putting my thoughts and ideas at risk of criticism and refute, but I also hope that this will open doors to conversations and ideas that I would otherwise not encounter.

I am not certain what this will become. I suppose at this point it could go in one of any directions: a sounding board for global issues, a dialogue about my faith, a personal journal to satiate my narcissism or perhaps all of the above. Welcome aboard.

And the name? A pebble can disrupt the surface of even the deepest pool. I hope my writing creates some change, if only within myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Topwomen said...

Welcome erin,

I started my blog for the same reasons as yourself and just a few days before you did.

Let's stir up the waters together and get the female voice out there!

Good luck and ignore the raised eyebrows from friends!

June 06, 2005 6:02 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome!

June 07, 2005 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home