July 04, 2006

The Brits still haven't come back.

It's Independence Day, and I'm looking forward to a day of good people, good food and a little bit of celebration.

My grandma told me that when she was growing up in Oklahoma, the fourth of July was a bigger holiday than Christmas. Everyone spent the day at picnics with family. There were parades in every town, and the parks were filled with potlucks.

........

I was parked downtown for a little while on Sunday. I didn't think there was anything special about the curb parking spot that I picked, but I was so wrong.

When I returned to my car after about three hours, it was absolutely covered in bird droppings. The telephone pole on the sidewalk must have something special about it, because I have never seen one car so well marked. It took me over an hour to clean it all off.


1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Man, the birds loved you car!

July 06, 2006 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home