June 20, 2006

An army of sheep.

Don’t worry. I haven’t dropped off the face of the earth.

I just haven’t had any time to write in the last week. My life has been full with a new job and traveling and spending time with people that I care about. I’ve wanted to post, but I haven’t been at my computer long enough to get it done.

Speaking of absences, I’ve been accused of lacking depth in my posts here lately. I’ll admit I haven’t been forcing myself to write much that requires a great amount of creative thought about the world. I’m working on getting back into that reflective mode, but it takes so much more time and thought than simply letting you know what I’ve been up to. I know that thinking is good for me, so I expect that I’ll get back around to it sometime soon.

........

Last week I started a new job with a homeless shelter here in Portland. I am really enjoying it. I love being on staff for a cause that I am fully enthusiastic about, and I like working in the heart of downtown. The work environment is stimulating and diverse. I think my coworkers are cool. What else could a girl ask for?

I’ve been leaving my car at a park-and-ride, and I take the MAX into the central part of the city. There is something really nice about having 10 minutes to stare blankly out the train window first thing in the morning. It’s like having a little moment of Zen before I jump into the workday.

........

I took the BBC brain gender test that Nancy linked to on her blog. I scored as a 25% male brain. I still feel pretty female, but my mad spatial relations skillz seem to weight the outcome. It was a fun quiz to take. You know you’re curious- go participate.

And also inspired by Nancy, I just added a Flickr sidebar to Surface Ripple!

........

Tomorrow is summer solstice and the Garden of Verses party that Dot and I are hosting! I’m really looking forward to it. I’ll try to take some pictures to share.

And I’m flying to Phoenix right after work on Thursday evening. I’ll be with a whole slew of women relatives for a weekend retreat. I expect a lot of laughing, some good food and many probing questions about my personal life. Woo hoo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I love just hearing what you're up to! Your new job sounds great - including the train ride. I love public transportation and I miss using it. I guess I still could, if I could organize my life differently. . . I feel the same way about my job, that I'm working for a cause that I'm "fully enthusiastic about." It's a great thing to be able to say.

Mad spacial relations skillz - I like that.

June 21, 2006 5:12 AM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

erin... you're like a dream! I haven't seen you for so long... but then I look at this blog and think "wow! Erin DOES exist!!"
:)
good job with riding MAX
it's good for the world.

June 21, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on the new job Erin! It sounds wonderful. Have a great time at the poetry party too!

June 21, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

i tried the quiz, got to the measuring finger thing, and didn't have a ruler... the world will never know...

June 22, 2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home