June 27, 2006

Up where the air is clear.

"I am not an enthusiast of dynastic wealth, particularly when the alternative is six billion people having that much poorer hands in life than we have, having a chance to benefit from the money." - Warren Buffett

........

Phoenix averaged 110º while we were there over the weekend. That is hot, let me tell you. We swam in the pool and moved from air conditioned buildings to air conditioned cars. I enjoy the heat, but weather like that makes me want to lie motionless under a fan.

Portland has been having an unusual heat wave, so returning to the Pacific Northwest didn't provide much relief. The temperature was 102º when I looked a the thermometer yesterday afternoon.

........

I took a picture of Mt. Hood from the jet as we flew into Portland. You can see Mt. Jefferson in the background. It is breathtaking to be so close to the mountains, to briefly share the sky.



5 Comments:

Blogger Tree said...

What a beautiful scene! How lucky you are to see something like this up close (says the blogger from Ohio...blech).

June 27, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger dot said...

That is an amazing shot. Well done.

June 27, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Welcome home.

That's a great photo, it's inspiring.

June 28, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

i can see a person standing on it!! oh...uh...nevermind, it's just a dust speck on my screen:) Cool mountain, huh? I wonder who made it...

June 29, 2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Lovely photo Erin! Here on the prairies there are no mountains, and all you can see are fields for hundreds of miles to the horizon. I love to visit the mountains - so refreshing. Thanks for the post.

June 30, 2006 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home