December 17, 2005

We all feel the same.

Last night reminded me why I am so glad to live in Portland.

It was a full evening. Carolyn and I saw some of our mutual childhood friends at a holiday party, and then I met up with Dot to hear a few local musicians play at The Green Room downtown.

There are transcendent moments when the normal barriers of mind and relationship are lowered and strangers suddenly share more than physical space- we share emotional space. I've had that deep connection surprise me in a small class discussion while at university. It is part of what makes a church The Church. And sometimes it happens during a really good show.

........

Just in case there is anyone left who has not seen this light display, stop what you are doing right now and watch it. I first thought it was a fairly well constructed hoax, but it turns out to be the real deal. You can read more about its creator here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

breakfast is coming....!!:)

December 17, 2005 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that was so nicely succint, Erin dear.

December 18, 2005 11:47 AM  
Blogger APN said...

I had seen that light display a few weeks ago, courtesy of a friend of mine who rather enjoys the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. He was all excited about showing this to me, until I responded, "Wow. I wonder how much free time HE has on his hands...." It was kinda mean, since the guy obviously did a quality job, but still. The TSO? Not quite my style. Dang it.... Rock snobbery conquers me again....

December 18, 2005 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home