December 12, 2005

Three Candles.

The third Sunday in Advent is a call to joy. Joy is irrational and unfair. It does not make sense in the context of a broken world, yet we reach out to feel it for ourselves and for others. Set as the third in Advent week, it is properly preceded by hope and peace.

When I think of joy, I think of the children in my life. They trust and accept. They love without proper introductions. These new humans are filled with innocence and expectation. May we be so open to the world this Advent season.

Let heaven and nature sing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

I love joy!!!
Thanks for the Advent-o-rama, Erin!:)

December 12, 2005 6:01 PM  
Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

I have 3 little ones and they do love without expecting anything in return. I adore these little cherubs--they are the joy in my life!

December 13, 2005 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home