November 26, 2005

Longfellow seems appropriate.

Ah, the holidays. In my family it means unending rounds of food, movies and games. I've been sleeping in the evening from about 7:00- 11:00 PM lately, so I've missed out on some of the festivities. It is probably due to the lingering effects of jet lag. I suppose that would also explain the sudden burst of energy to blog at 1:00 AM.

........



We took a little shopping break today to visit the best thrift store in the entire world: The Goodwill Outlet Center. Locals call it "The Bins" in honor of the haphazard way that this massive warehouse displays its goods for sale. It is the absolute best place to find used books. The century-old treasures above were 50ยข each.

........

Honestly, can you think of a better holiday than Thanksgiving? We get a four day weekend to reflect on all the good things in our lives. I have so many reasons to be thankful. My family and friends keep my heart very full.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for weekends of nonstop eating! I think I could fast for the next week and be just fine. :) Love ya sis!

November 27, 2005 5:05 PM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving was lovely:)

And cool lookin' books! I love how there's that planty/curly/foliagy accent to old books:)

I'm glad your a literary girl... I need them in my life... we all need them in our lives:)... which equates to=we all need Erin!:)

November 27, 2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home