December 06, 2005

It's a good day for a holiday.

The power went out at work this morning. A car collided with the telephone pole down the street (no one was hurt), and we were consequently left with the promise of no electricity for at least several hours.
New Tea Pots
No phones, no lights, no heat, no computers.

We declared it an unofficial holiday, and everyone went their seperate ways. Here is what I did with my unplanned day off:

  • Went grocery shopping
  • Watched an episode of Perry Mason
  • Cleaned my house
  • Returned my books to the library- on time
  • Talked with a friend on the phone
  • Made a spectacular chicken curry salad for dinner
  • Wrote a poem
  • Visited the local thrift store
  • Bought two tea pots at the local thrift store

What a wonderful, unexpected day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

That's great! There's nothing better than a little unexpected freedom, and I'm glad you got to use it so well. Pretty teapots.

December 07, 2005 3:53 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a nice way to spend an unexpected holiday! I love the teapot pictures. Although I only own one (and two mini ones), I love teapots! I have a nice antique one that I collected during the huge 1997 flood that serves as a great planter.

December 07, 2005 6:29 AM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Those teapots are SO cute Erin:)
I'm glad you had a fun day:)
...
I don't have a teapot.
Only a very small one used for Senegalese gunpowder tea (attai)
...
it's one of those things I cannot buy and hope no one will buy for me...at least now. I'll explain sometime:)

December 07, 2005 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love your chicken curry salad recipe! Sounds like something that JR and I would like a lot. I read scholarship applications at home yesterday afternoon. It was so nice to be out of the office and working from home. What freedom!! I actually enjoyed reading the apps somewhat, but not as much as you enjoyed your complete freedom I am sure.

December 07, 2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger APN said...

I like tea. I guess I need to start researching a decent ceramic teapot in which I can brew my tea once I move into my new place/room in a few weeks....

Thanks for sharing your day with all of us though. It was rather lovely to participate in such a wonderful event so vicariously....

Chicken curry.... Yummy....

December 07, 2005 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home