December 10, 2005

"O matter and impertinency mixed."

I miss winter break. It was so nice to have a three-week change of pace around the holidays. Even though I worked when I was home from university, the shift from mental to physical labor was a welcome reprieve.

.........

My friends that are still traveling in East Africa just updated the Lahash blog with reflections on their time in Rwanda. If you haven't been following along, go read it!

.........

I haven't posted any poetry here in a while, so here is a haiku from about three years ago. Please keep my web-publishing disclaimer in mind if you read it.

Font Lament
.........

And five points to anyone who can identify and finish the quote from the title of this post. Ten points if you don't cheat by using a search engine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Norwegianthinker said...

Hi Erin,
I was browsing the web and I once more found my way back to your blog. Nice to see you're here, back from Africa, and still involved and concerned about the world! Take care and I wish you a wonderful Christmas from Oslo, Norway (where there's Nobel Peace Price festivities this weekend).

December 10, 2005 9:47 AM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Fonts!!
I used to be obsessed with fonts...having them all memorized...now there's too many, it seems. I used to LOVE the adlib one in high school:)
But NOW, I LOVE your poem and Courier:)

December 10, 2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

NB- Welcome back! Christmas greetings to you also. I have Norwegian friends that have shared some of their holiday traditions with me in past years.

Tiff- Yeah, I had that phase too. I still recognize fonts on signs along the street. Strange obsessions that we choose, aren't they?

........

And there were no guesses on the quote! It is from King Lear. Edgar says it when he is pretending to be insane. The end is "Reason in madness!".

December 12, 2005 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home