April 16, 2007

The best kind of new.

Our family is moving into a new era. The first grandchild for our little clan arrived early this morning. After about six hours of labor, Micah James was born in Seattle at a healthy nine pounds, nine ounces. Jen, JR and Micah are doing fine, although JR did mention that it would take a while for the reality of his little son to set in. I can't wait to meet him.


........

Speaking of childhood, I have been scanning the pictures from my albums to use at our wedding this June. I've come across so many memories in the process. In honor of my brother's first son, I thought I should post a picture of JR and me from not too long ago. I'm in the red.

You can check out more pictures from my childish past over at my Flickr account.

4 Comments:

Blogger APN said...

Ahhhh.... Sibling blackmail.

Gotta love it!

April 17, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Leisha said...

this might be an indelicate question, but is one of the baby's arms significantly larger than the other or is that just me?

April 21, 2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger Forecast Monkey said...

Me so pretty!

April 23, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Leisha- that it does, but the camera lies, thank goodness.

JR- we can only hope that your new son lives up to his father's reputation.

April 23, 2007 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home