February 05, 2007

Blown away with the breeze.

Carolyn and I usually do chores on Mondays. We rotate duties each week, so it doesn't get monotonous. And we both really appreciate the result. This arrangement has lasted a year and a half now. My house is extraordinarily clean tonight, and I am enjoying it.

As if it could get any better, I went through my closet last night, and I finally got rid of all the clothes that I had been keeping but not wearing for the last five years. I am proud to say that two large bags full of clothes are now on their way out of my life.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep things so long. I know part of the reason- clothes can be strongly associated with a memory from my life, and that can be hard to part with. This weekend I got rid of the "capris that were such a good deal," the "shoes that I wanted so much when I was a freshman in college," and the "shirt that is such a good color, but really not a good fit." Ah. Freedom.

Yes, there are a few items that I decided to give one more chance, but I have resolved that they won't make it through the next pruning unless they magically become favorites between now and then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you burn the clothes in that nice roaring fire?

February 06, 2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ah, the sweet release of getting rid of the old. It's a great liberation.

That is a great fire; i’m basking in the beauty of it.

February 07, 2007 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home