November 20, 2006

Every seat filled.

Thanksgiving is almost here, and I am grateful for the beautiful fall colors, the friends and family who fill my days, my church, and the stunning cycle of life.

I am fortunate enough to celebrate three times this year- Tuesday with Dan'’s family, the Thanksgiving feast for the homeless with my work on Wednesday, and with my family on Thursday. What are you doing for the holiday?

........

For those of you who haven't heard, I'm heading back to Africa this January. This time I will be working with the Lahash partners to help them establish infrastructure for their volunteer programs. I am really excited to use my professional skills overseas, and I am looking forward to connecting with some of the friends I made last time.

That said, I hope you will plan to follow along again on our team blog:
www.hopeisalive.com. We are usually able to post pictures and stories of our work along the way. I am also still trying to raise the last leg of my support for the cost. If you are interested in giving to the trip, you can send support with my name noted to:
Lahash International
10750 NE 4th Ave
Portland, OR 97211

........

I spent some time with my dear friend Denise and her polka-a-dot dress this weekend. She and I have been connected since the days of our awkward adolescence in our tiny high school. We lied on our stomachs in her cozy room and listened to a Simon & Garfunkel record on the stereo she bought at the rummage sale. It seemed almost too nice to be real.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw.



Shucks.

November 21, 2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home