October 23, 2006

You couldn't get more downtown.

A four month quest has finally come to an end. Since beginning my job at the shelter, I have moved from empty desk to vacant cubicle without a work space to call my own. My roommate Carolyn loving dubbed me "a space parasite." Fortunately the shelter has up to date technology, so my phone extension could travel with me through my laptop and a handy-dandy head set.

Well friends, those days are over! My coworkers have graciously given me a sunny office right at the front of the building. It is an ideal space for my work, and it allows me to interact with more of our clients. I'm happy. Now I just have to figure out how to make it smell a ltitle bit nicer.

........

I had all my favorite siblings in town this weekend. Jen was here for a conference, so JR and Bethany joined us on Friday night. Jen, Dan and I spent some time enjoying Portland during the day on Friday, and then we made a Thai feast for JR and Bethany's evening arrival. Check out the pictures on my Flikr account. I'll load more soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the offical office home.

October 24, 2006 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your office sounds beautiful! I'm so glad you finally have a space to call your own. :)

October 25, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger APN said...

"Now I just have to figure out how to make it smell a ltitle bit nicer."

I think that's the key to making the universe finally sync up -- making everything smell nicer. I just wish I had a decent sense of smell....

October 26, 2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home