September 24, 2006

Step with that rolling beat.

It has been a great weekend so far.

On Friday, Dan and I marked six months since we started dating. Dan surprised me with a lovely dinner at the Multnomah Falls Lodge, The wait staff gave us complimentary huckleberry cheesecake to polish off the meal.

........

On Saturday, I sat in the sun at my parents' house while they held a garage sale, and I marveled at the lack of customers. I think they made three dollars.

After packing up everything we had put out to sell, we went downtown to a fundraiser for the ESL nonprofit that my parents volunteer with. The organization hosted an evening of Latin American dancing in a carpet padding warehouse under the Fremont Bridge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lunared said...

two thoughts.
1)
the dance sounds awesome and so fun that it was in a warehouse.
2)
now i am questioning our plan to have a garage sale. although we have WAY too much junk to get rid of. aw well!

September 24, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger APN said...

Gotta love garage sales -- so much prep for (often) so little return. Did you at least have fun hanging out with your family?

APN

September 24, 2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprise! We're at the Multnomah Falls Lodge!

September 26, 2006 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home