August 18, 2006

Not an inch taller.

I remember getting my driver's license when I was 16 years old. It expired in 2006. I remember thinking, I can't even imagine being 24. Will this thing ever expire? That's half a lifetime away.

Well, apparently it is possible. As of today, I have proven it. I'll have to line up again at the DMV when I am 32. Right, like I'll ever be in my thirties.

........

Dan surprised me this morning with a birthday breakfast. At first I thought it was my roommate Carolyn bumping around in my kitchen at 5:30 in the morning.

The table was already set when I wandered out of my bedroom. We had eggs, hash browns, and he even brought my favorite guilty pleasure- an apple fritter. It was a great way to start the day.

   

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Cute!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY mi amiga!:)

August 19, 2006 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww...

And then I surprised you with a midday phone call, right? Surprise! Bet you couldn't anticipate that, either!

August 20, 2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! He sounds like a good boyfriend. :-)

Oh, you know, sometime in my recent late thirties, I realized that all ages now seemed possible and not all that far away.

August 20, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger APN said...

Well, I'd wish you a Happy Birthday, but it seems like that's already been done by everyone else. I hope that you did have a great day AFTER being woken up by Dan preparing Breakfast. 24 -- that seems so long ago to me, mostly because my 24th birthday was the beginning of my true journey out of the fundamentalism of my adolescence and early adulthood. I wish you a GREAT year. A Quarter-Century is only 363 days away!

Peace.

August 20, 2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The appropriate question for a "big" sister-in-law to ask is, "what in the world was Dan doing at your place at 5:30 in the morning?" That is practically the middle of the night. Was a chaperone present? Sorry, couldn't help teasing you too. Have to pay back all the months of teasing I got from you and Beef.

August 21, 2006 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home