December 15, 2006

Troll that ancient carol.

My family is not rigidly traditional during holidays, but we do have a few habits. For instance, since the earliest I can remember, we have gone out to Chinese food for dinner on Christmas Eve. We also have our annual night of decorating. It includes the first sanctioned egg nog of the season and Christmas music reaching every corner of the house. Somehow I always end up on tree duty, and this year I realized that, while I like having a nice tree to enjoy, I really dislike the itchy process of stringing lights onto the tree. I suggested investing in a fake tree, but the idea was not well received. Oh well. More rashes to come, I suppose.

........

Carolyn and I have done our part in making our little home festive as well. We hung our stockings at the chimney with care, and there is a wreath on our door. This is big for us.

And as of today, I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping. That feels good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah this household is READY for Christmas!

December 18, 2006 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home