December 12, 2006

All things new.

You may have noticed that I’ve been missing in action the last few days (weeks?). Sorry about that. I’ve been busy helping Dan and the first half of our team get ready to go to Africa as well as working with him to finish the nonprofit application for Lahash International. These things take time.

But now Dan is in Uganda. I really miss him, but I’m looking at the bright side of being boyfriendless and distraction free for the next two weeks. I’ll get more sleep. I’ll burn less gas. And I hope to post here a bit more frequently. Remember the old days? No promises, but I’ll try to at least improve.

Speaking of the old days, I’m headed back to Africa on the 27th of this month. I’m flying over with the second half of our group, and I’ll be there until the 22nd of January.

........

Christmas is upon us. Those glittering lights and familiar songs buzz in the background of every public space.

This year my church pulled together and wrote a book of Advent meditations. I love hearing the voices of my friends in their writing about waiting, justice, peace and joy. And I am amazed at the hidden talents of my congregation- they are profound writers! Maybe we will find more occasions to tap that resource.

........

And in a very important update, it is a nephew! That’s right, my brother and sister in law found out that they are having a little boy. I’ve already started wandering down the baby aisles of department stores.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a quick response! It was a nice highlight to find something here during my morning break today. It was good to see your team pic and hear more about what you have been working on. One more week and we'll be on the road to see you!

December 13, 2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Having a boyfriend takes a lot of time, doesn't it? (A husband, actually, not quite so much.) Great news about the nephew! Does he have a name yet??

December 14, 2006 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home