March 27, 2007

Just like they say.

Damp streets steam with the scents of life outside my window. Spring isn't quite strong enough to break through the gray skies today, but sprouts of leaves hint at an approaching coup.

........

I’ve been trying to drink more water lately. They say 64 ounces a day is important, so I’m carrying my quart sized water bottle with me to work and back. The new habit is threatening to break my “bladder of steel” reputation, but I’m willing to trade the title for happier cells. I’m ¼ finished with my quota today. Just 48 more ounces to go!

........

That wonderland of cheap furniture and Swedish styling is coming to Portland this summer. I was reading this article on the bus this morning, and I laughed at Portland’s inconsistent philosophy of consumerism. “Give us all local, small business… and Ikea because it’s really great also.”

And with all this talk about meatballs and their Swedish café, why does no one ever mention that they have cheap and delicious salmon served there as well? It’s my third favorite part of the experience, the list of favorites being:
1. Picture frames in odd sizes
2. Kitchen gadgets for aspiring gourmets on a limited budget
3. Salmon lunch from their restaurant
4. Various things made from wood

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Your comment on Portland & Ikea made me laugh! I haven't been in one in years - I think I was much too young (as in too young to buy furniture) to appreciate it at the time.

March 27, 2007 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so in hate with you right now! (not really), I just found out LAST NIGHT that you and Dan are getting married. (thanks for forgetting about me). CONGRATULATIONS! That's so awesome. Please call me, I miss you.

-The Forgotten Anike

p.s. this message is also for Dan,
{i'm in hate with him also...:p }

March 30, 2007 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home