February 13, 2006

Be careful what you wish for.

There are some mornings when I wake up and really want to stay in bed. I think to myself, "Wouldn't it be nice to be just sick enough to stay home from work? I could sleep in, read, and enjoy a day off."

Today I woke up to the full force of a nasty cold, and I realized that this was the day I had imagined. Except I had forgotten that having a cold is really, really awful, and all the perks of staying home from work disappear when you are sick.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get better soon sissy-poo!!

February 13, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

i wake up and feel that same thing most days. i tend to work when i'm sick so that i can save my "sick days" for painting, writing, reading, and coffee with friends who are also taking sick days. i hope you feel better erin! i find being sick is a good excuse to rent movies and lay under blankets on the couch - a luxury i still can enjoy while blowing my nose. :)

February 13, 2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Feel better soon Erin! My husband has been dragging himself off to work this week with a nasty cough and cold too. What I dislike about colds is that you are sick enough to feel awful, and drained of energy - but still feeling good enough to be at work.

February 14, 2006 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sick just like you today. I'm at work now, but took a leasurly morning to enjoy the snow out my window while laying on the couch and watching one of those courthouse dramas. Hope you feel better soon!

February 14, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for the sympathy. My fever is gone, and I'm back in the game today. It just reminds me of another reason I love summer- no colds!

Jen- Snow in Seattle? Truly?

February 14, 2006 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home