January 30, 2006

We find ourselves inside.

I had a wonderful weekend with my friends from Vibrant. We took time to meditate on our spiritual identity as individuals and as a community. Part of our time together included a guided labyrinth walk and lectio divina. We also used contemporary icons for reflective prayer.

I came home feeling rested and encouraged.

..........

There was still a dusky glow in the sky when I left work today. The sun had already slid under the horizon, but it wasn't quite dark yet. That means I won't have to drive home from work in the pitch black for at least eight months! I cheered out loud when I had that hopeful thought.

..........

Jill CarrollThis morning brought evidence that journalist Jill Carroll is likely still alive. The video shown by Al-Jazeera gives me hope that her captors aren't in a hurry to make their point. I am praying that she is released soon.

..........

Today there was a large, heavy envelope in the mail from the law school I hope to attend. The top corner was marked with their admissions office information. My heart stopped for a moment. While I hadn't expected to hear back from them so soon after applying, I knew that the package's contents might contain a solid piece of my future.

I opened it with a trembling hand and pulled out the stack of papers. I scanned the cover letter. Instead of welcoming me into their school, they were encouraging me to apply.

Stupid overlapping databases. At least I know I'm worth their solicitation. The wait continues.

5 Comments:

Blogger APN said...

Ugh. I can relate to that churning of your stomach when approaching such huge turning points in your life. I myself have yet to even receive my application packets for seminary in the mail yet, over 3 weeks after asking for them (and exchanging e-mails with admissions people). And THAT causes churning in my stomach over whether or not this is some kind of communication from God on what I really should be doing.

ACK!

January 31, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Dude, you should try calling them again. Or check to see if they have online applications. Maybe the schools are just playing hard-to-get.

February 01, 2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger APN said...

I e-mailed them both again. They both responded and promised to re-mail them as soon as possible. Regent has an online application, but I know me -- I NEED to have that hardcopy in my hand to serve as a psychological motivator.

And BTW, you are in my prayers concerning your law school application.

February 01, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I told you law schools would be soliciting you. Did you find a hotel key in the envelope? Jewelry? A fireman?

February 01, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ha ha! Thanks Nancy.

February 02, 2006 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home