February 04, 2006

Shades of familiar.

Last night I went to see a documentary on the lives of Sudanese refugees in the United States. Imago Dei was showing it as part of their Flight Film Festival this weekend. It made me miss my friends in East Africa.

Afterward I drank tea and chatted with friends until late, late in the night. It was nice to know that I had the freedom to sleep in indefinitely this morning.

..........

I was at the wedding of a family friend most of the day. Afterward I had dinner with a couple that is very close to my heart. I really enjoy being young and having so many new experiences to share with the people in my life. We are all baiting adulthood, traveling, learning, falling in love and trying to understand who we are. Everything seems like an adventure lately.

It
is
beautiful.

..........

A poem had been shaping itself in my head during the last two days, and this evening I finally finished sticking it to paper. It's called "Burning," and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Maybe I'll share it with you sometime.

..........

Here is a very helpful link with some background perspective on the Muhammad cartoon controversies of late. The pen is mighty.

2 Comments:

Blogger APN said...

Thank you for that BBC link. Perspective is soooo necessary these days and it is soooo lacking in popular media outlets....

February 06, 2006 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll share it, indeed.

February 06, 2006 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home