October 14, 2005

Cliff Notes on the life of Erin.

After a very early morning drive from Portland, I am in Seattle for a brief visit to see my siblings, do some errands, and connect with friends. Bethany and I will be driving back to Portland tomorrow. I found out that I still have cafeteria meals left on my student card (two years since purchase!), so I am reliving the good ol' college days of standing in long lines to be fed.

Highlight of today: I got to sit in on a class that my sister is taking with my favorite professor of all time. She was my advisor, and she taught the classes that changed my life.


.........

As a practice in self disclosure, I decided to list a few things that you may or may not know about me. Forgive me for the egocentric exercise, but- hey- you are reading my blog. Consider it a glimpse into the life of Erin.

1. I am a middle child.
2. I once broke my arm while getting into a hot tub.
3. Sadly, I am allergic to cats.
4. I cannot stand drinking milk out of any sort of white container (especially Styrofoam cups- and this situation arises more than you would expect it to).
5. I was once questioned by the FBI.
6. I sewed an entire outfit for myself when I was in 3rd grade. It was a seascape print shirt and hot pink shorts with a matching fabric bow for my hair.
7. My favorite flower is the iris.
8. I sing very loudly when I am listening to music alone in my car.
9. I used to be afraid of mirrors.
10. Every once in a great while my teeth whistle when I say the "S" sound.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Fun list! I think you should follow the herd and do 90 more of them. I'm fussy about the containers I drink things from, too.

October 14, 2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Hee hee.

I think you should have included one untrue thing.

October 14, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger APN said...

Wow. Great list there....

And I would imagine that you would be rather sad to be allergic to cats. You seem to be a woman who'd love a couple kitty cats around the house....

October 15, 2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Oh, I agree. Whenever I think about Erin, I always imagine her in her house, surrounded by lots and lots of cats.

October 15, 2005 4:20 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

DB- There was a boy that went missing in Portland, and someone said they saw him near where I work. An FBI agent came in an questioned each of us about what we remembered. I wasn't any help, but it was an interesting experience.

Nancy- Whew, 100 total?! I'll have to put that together the next time I am snowed in.

Yeah, the cat thing. Dot- I think I had a nightmare about that once, N- I did like them until I realized that the amount of suffering that they induced was only fractionally repaid by their hairy affection. That, and living with a very mean cat that took any opportunity to bite/scratch me broke any lingering attachments I may have had.

October 15, 2005 11:04 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Sad, I thought I was the highlight... :)

Regardless, it was great to see you this weekend! Hopefully we'll squeeze in another before Africa.

October 16, 2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Erin, thanks for the tidbits!
They just add to the beauty of Erin!:)

October 16, 2005 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, I can't imagine you ever becoming a crazy cat lady. Buddy wishes you would visit, but we've explained that it isn't anything personal and he is trying to cope.

October 17, 2005 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home