September 04, 2005

Into the woods.

I just returned from an overnight camping trip with some of my college roommates and friends. We drove up into the forest outside Trout Lake, Washington, and we set up camp in the shadow of Mount Adams. The view was fantastic, and it was very relaxing to spend some unstructured time outdoors with my friends. Although the trip was short, we managed to fit in three fires, a few card games, and several good conversations.

Nature wreaked havoc on so many this week. I needed the reminder that the delicate relationship between humankind and the earth can bring more joy than pain.

The view of the valley from our campsite.

The crew hard at work.

Lauren and Erin check out the tent.

Sarah took this picture out the window on the drive home. It is the sunset and trees blurring behind the guardrail.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tofflemire said...

Its been so long since I haved camped; I need to plan a trip.

September 05, 2005 6:38 AM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Erin!
you finally made it...
it's so beautiful:)
And you guys looked like you were really set up for the whole camping gig... (I don't think I've ever typed "gig")! I tend to end up sleeping on tarps when I go:) You'll have to tell me how it went... and VERY cool pictures:)
Tiff

September 05, 2005 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like an awesome weekend! That sunset picture is great...

September 05, 2005 2:00 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Those are wonderful pictures! The first one is very nostalgic for me because it's exactly how I remember the landscape in Oregon. I remember thinking, not long after I started living in Eugene, okay, now I understand why there's so many environmentalists living out here. How could you not be?

September 05, 2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh, it was lovely. Hot and dry, but lovely.

Nancy, you are right! We really do have a double portion of natural beauty out here. But don't tell too many people- we want to keep it our little secret...

September 06, 2005 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home