August 26, 2005

These times they are a changin'.

A lot of changes in the life of Erin lately. Especially at work. We are going through some organizational restructuring, and the results have affected nearly all of my direct coworkers. Fortunately the changes should actually benefit me by balancing the work load more effectively, but it has created some emotional tension among the staff.
My title will likely change from Coordinator to Manager which looks good on the résumé, but unfortunately doesn't actually constitute a change in pay.
My work week may also change from Tuesday- Friday to Monday- Thursday (I work four ten-hour days). The choice is mine, so I wanted to put the question to my friends here: Which schedule should I pick? They both have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, Mondays are great for making appointments, etc. It is a good day to get things done because everyone is at work, but it is also hard to plan anything social because... everyone is at work. Fridays are nice for traveling out of town. But I occasionally have to work on Saturday, so I risk making my weekend very choppy- one day off, one day on, one day off, back to work.
Which would you choose? I need to make a decision by next Tuesday, so I will look forward to your input.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny! Just the other day I was thinking that it would be really cool if you had Fridays off instead of Mondays. That is my opinion... but I see what you mean about appointments on Mondays. I don't know, I love starting my weekend on Friday.

August 26, 2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Oh, I liked being Monday Buddies, but who knows what will happen to that once my schedule switches around and back while I finish up with the kids.

Hmm.
That's a tricky one. At least you can make big money in your spare time.

August 26, 2005 9:10 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I'd stick with mondays off. Fridays would cease to be the end of the week and would lose all their magic. It would be more fun to enjoy the weekend and then have still one more day off! That's my fantasy, though. I'd love to work four days a week.

August 27, 2005 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home