September 09, 2005

But they didn't give me a sticker.

That is Polio, Yellow Fever, and Hepatitis A. The left arm got Tetanus and Meningitis.

I have Typhoid and Malaria vaccines to take orally in the next seven weeks, and that should be it. They should let me into Uganda.

The shots were not as bad as I expected. Really, the anticipation is the worst part of it. I've never had so many needles stick me in one day, but the dread is the same whether it is one or five. Might as well be five.

And most of these vaccinations are good for the next ten years, so I won't have to go through this again for a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Me said...

Anthony always get cartoon bandaids. I bet they had some - you should have asked! Please post more about your travel plans. Where are you going, how long will you stay, and most importantly, what will you be doing there?

September 09, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Tofflemire said...

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

September 10, 2005 5:56 AM  
Blogger APN said...

Uganda....

What might have prompted you to travel to such a destination?

September 10, 2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yes, details... Thanks for asking!

I am going to east Africa during November to visit Amazing Grace Orphanage in Uganda. My friends and I have been connected to it over the past year through an organization called Lahash International (http://lahash.net). We'll be spending time with the kids and staff. The goal is to build relationships, to learn more about the services they provide, and to become more aware of the needs in their community.

We will also visit a new orphanage in southern Sudan, and we'll hang out for a couple of days in Nairobi, Kenya before I return.

Some on the trip are staying for two months, but unfortunately my obligations at home limit my stay to two weeks.

I am really excited to go. There is nothing like world travel to put my small life in perspective. Only fifty four days until departure.

September 11, 2005 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home