March 17, 2006

A two lane highway.

With friends in town and my hours at work running late, I haven’t had much time to think about blogging in the last couple of days. Sometimes I wish that my life had more downtime, but I can’t pick who or what I would be willing to give up.

...........

We just finished up a large grant proposal at work. It was a great learning experience for me. I have wanted to understand more about the process of project funding since I started in nonprofits, and this was my first chance to be part of the writing effort. It was not as difficult as I expected, but it was time consuming. Hopefully we will get the grant.

...........

Today I met with a financial aid advisor about paying for law school during these next three years. So.much.money. I’m glad life is made up of more than loans and interest rates. You can take numbers out of my bank account, but you’ll never take my soul!

I am still waiting for an illusive benefactor to pay for my education and leisure travel out of his/her sheer interest in my well being. Right.

...........

I’ll be out of town this weekend. Life keeps flying by at about 70 miles per hour, and it looks like I’m on this particular track until at least May. I guess that means it is time to roll down the windows and enjoy the wind in my hair.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enron (your new nick name) -
always optimistic

March 18, 2006 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorta reminds me of The Kinks (but most things do):

"And he's got my money, but I've got my faith
And powerman, powerman, I'll never be your slave. "

March 19, 2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because everything reminds you of the Kinks, Rick.

March 19, 2006 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally said that!

March 20, 2006 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home