March 01, 2006

Eyes toward Canaan.

Memento homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris.
Lent is here, and I am filled with anticipation. The next six and a half weeks will be time to prepare for the most significant celebration in the Christian tradition.

...........

And just for fun, here are some links for you all to enjoy.

Every day is a purposeful day. The creative ideas at this site are not to be missed (and it is updated daily). Props to Dot for first sending me to this page.

There are days at work when I would much prefer this to a keyboard.

Then there is this bit of musical inspiration. Is it wrong that I'm curious to hear how it would sound?

And finally, if you are a bored adolescent, you might as well cause trouble in one of these original ways.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Erin, I'd love to hear a day-by-day synopsis of how you celebrate Lent. I've never celebrated it really, just counted down the days until Good Friday and Easter. Maybe it's time I consider the full extent of the holiday.

March 02, 2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger APN said...

And not to toot my own horn, but I'll be posting my weekly lessons throughout the season on Lent on my blog. I'll be following the lectionary readings that I found at http://www.textweek.com

Though, I look forward to reading your reflections on this most sacred and introspective of seasons....

March 03, 2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home