February 27, 2006

From that folder of things.

Today I wish that I spoke Spanish fluently and played the guitar better- not necessarily at the same time, although it wouldn't be a bad combination.

I wish that I had the chance to travel more often. I wish for a benefactor that would decide it was his/her goal to finance my education with no strings attached.

I wish that there was no such thing as giving up hope.

.........

Soliloquy
A part written for many
like me, played out
perfectly. Such a performance.

My words, spoken.
They float in the air.
The replies, (should not be)
silence.

With cold hands you caught
a syllable, turned it
over for dead, and pressed it
into your palm.

(I wilted)

The script changed,
and you left me lost
in your holy martyrdom.
I forgot the lines.

.........

Burning

Artist, you shimmer-
sparks shoot
like celebration.
Hot to the touch
and addict of air.
You ignite.

Learner, you devour
wisdom’s wick
and thick wax of time.
Slow, steady flare
pushing the darkness.
You glow.

Lover, we smolder-
heaviest heat,
a thin blue flame.
Deep in each other,
ending in ashes.
We blaze.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

BEAUTIFUL letters formed into words...from your heart and soul and Erinhood...daughterhood!!!
very cool, Erin:)
very beautiful!

Wouldn't it be weird, though, to go up to someone and ask if they either shimmer, devour, or smoulder?

February 28, 2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home