August 09, 2005

Life lately.

I'm back from a weekend with my college roommates at Lake Chelan. We've lovingly dubbed our little community "The Sisterhood Commune," and I'm glad to report that the Sisterhood lives on in spite of changes in lifestyle and location (marriages, moves, new jobs, and international travel). The only downside was that Megan was unable to make it out from Colorado, though it was not for lack of trying.
Last night my friends from Vibrant threw me a surprise house-warming party. They brought food and games, and most people stayed until around 10:00 PM. I don't use this phrase very often, but I was touched. It meant a lot to see everyone that made the effort to be there on a Monday night.
I am almost finished moving in. I still haven't unpacked my books, and I don't have any art up on the walls. I'll try to post some pictures sometime soon. The around-the-house projects continue. It seems that as soon as I finish one task, there is a new item to add to the list.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to see the place! I'm glad its all workin' out fer ya.

August 09, 2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks Dan! You will have to stop by soon. Welcome back to the Northwest.

August 10, 2005 11:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Erin, a weekend out with my college roommates would be a blast - I can only imagine how much fun you must have had. Congrats on the new house by the way! My husband and I are just coming up on two years in our house (see my pictures archived from April of 2004), and we still find projects. I think a house and yard really is a lifelong project. I'm sure yours is looking fantastic!

August 10, 2005 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home