September 25, 2005

Real life occurrences.

This has been a pretty pivotal weekend for me. On Friday I visited the campus of a local law school to check out the classes and see if this crazy I idea of mine actually holds any weight in the real world. I loved-LOVED it. I am so excited about going back to school, and it seems like it could actually happen next fall. It comes down to taking the LSAT this winter and qualifying for as much financial aid as possible.

On Saturday afternoon I attended a memorial service for John Garang, the Vice President of Sudan that was killed in a plane crash during the summer. I went with a few of the good people that I will be traveling with this fall. Portland has a small Sudanese community, and it was a privilege to be included in their service to remember such an influential leader. The room where we met was full of kids and food and smiling faces. It felt like life. Ah.

I also helped my friends paint the interior of their new condo. For some reason I always get an inexplicable amount of paint on me whenever I am handed a wet brush. It was fun to be with the people that I love, but I was really tired by the end. It was a long day.

My brother and sister-in-law are passing through town this weekend. I like the energy that comes when my family is all together in one room. I have heard that it can be overwhelming for those that are unfamiliar with our little clan, but I call it inspirational. My family taught me how to really think- to analyze and respond. I enjoy the deep and truly weird conversations that we end up in.

I put two extra blankets on my bed last night. I think I hear them calling to me. My mind has been spinning with the rash of bombings in Iraq and the recent stirrings in Gaza after our brief peace, but those thoughts will have to wait until I have rested.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, the new look is great! And that's awesome that the law school thing is working out so perfectly!

September 25, 2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger Jason + Tiff said...

Erin, I really like the blue... it's so pretty and calming and goes along perfectly with your "surface ripple" idea! This week sure was jam-packed full of beautiful stuff...huh?...man...

September 25, 2005 5:29 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks. I know I'm on the right track when I get approval from the two of you.

Yes, life is full and good. My cup runneth over.

September 25, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Me said...

The blue is nice. I like the new picture, too. Glad to hear you had such a good weekend, and that you're excited about law school!

September 26, 2005 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home