June 08, 2005

Fear of commitment.

I am about to become a homeowner, and I am scared out of my socks.

While it seems like the wise and right thing to do for where I am in life, there is a part of me that is deeply resistant. I have always cherished my portability. I haven't felt tied down to a location for the last six years.


My comfort is that I love Portland. I don't really mind settling here for a while, and I do like the little house I am buying. The backyard looks like a park (and it looks like a workout for mowing). Wish me luck as I sign my soul away...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how much of your soul you signed away, just remember that I still have a bit of it.

Congratulations on being awesome.

June 12, 2005 10:32 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yes, yes you do. I had forgotten about that contract.

I'm glad you found my blog. I'll expect an insightful comment from that mind of yours every once in a while.

Erin

June 13, 2005 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home